I had to change some things later in the calendar to fit our weird district recess and the fact that I will be gone for 3 days in March. Please note the changes. You do not need to reprint just change on the one you already have. Thanks!
First: I'm trying to figure out how to best reorganize how the grades for 2nd semester. (Don't be too hard on me- it's my first year) I know that they were faulty and I'm so sorry for that. I pretty sure that my grading in GBW helped most of you out but I really want to be more fair this semester. If you notice GBW changing on you, just know that it's me fussing around with it. Just be patient and once I have it all down- I'll fully explain it to you.
Second: I'm still grading your tests. I'll input them as soon as I have them ready.
I'm learning too and your surveys are helping out soooo much! Thank you for your input! It's very much appreciated (positive comments AND the constructive criticism)!
If you read this by Sunday night....WAHOO! What a great student!
Please bring EXTRA FLASHCARDS with you to class on Monday! We're preparing for a very rigorous time through the Medieval times to the Renaissance!!!
If you do read this in time- SPREAD THE WORD! GO ON FB, CALL, OR TEXT OTHERS IN THE CLASS.
P.S. Your finals look pretty good! (both periods)
to focus your energy.
We are constantly faced with competing demands,
and easily distracted by the noise and the interruptions.
To be effective in our lives and work, we must focus.
We must decide on our priorities.
We must channel our energy
and attend to the task before us. - Patrick Lindsay
"Think of many things, do only one"
This is your new blog post. Click here and start typing, or drag in elements from the top bar.
Click HERE <<< to go to Calendars and download/print our new reading calendar.
Please read BEFORE the day of the lecture. The reading that is posted on specific days, is the PREVIOUS night's homework. For example: On Monday 1/30 the reading is for pages 421-425. That means you read 421-425 on the night of 1/29.
1. Check this site frequently for new updates in specific chapter sections and HERE in the Announcements! to not miss anything super important.
2. I modified what you should be doing for your flash cards, check >>> Chapter 12 above the Overview for the list.
3. Check Grade Book Wizard to make sure you're not missing assignments. I know I skipped over a few of you who for the Late Antiquity Crossword Puzzle. Make a little list and come talk to me AT THE END OF CLASS, DURING SNACK and we'll work it out to let you turn things in late.
1. Fun activities go a LONG way! Not only do you remember facts but it's fun to laugh and learn at the same time! :)
2. You may not read off the slides, and notecards are great! but...make sure you're not completely reading off of notes either. (You go too fast and it's hard to pick out what's important)
3. BE PREPARED! Have everything emailed to me the night before so I have a chance to copy everything.
4. COMMUNICATE! Talk to each other and make sure that if you say you're going to do something- do it! Keep each other accountable and make sure you're actually in class to present!
5. Side Note: I do not have "Keynote" on my computer. You can work on presentation in Google Docs, which is great but you need to email me your final presentation in either ppt or a pdf. You can download your presentation in Google Docs as a PowerPoint and then email that one to me.
6. KNOW YOUR STUFF! The best presentations are the ones where you're really explaining in your own words the information and explaining the whys. It sounds more natural and allows your audience to process and to write down information.
GOOD WORK TODAY!
1. When talking about architecture, the notes you would have on a slide, keep as notes for yourself. (keeps people on their toes and they have to listen to you closer). Go through multiple pictures of exterior and interior complexes (especially major ones) and explain the different parts.
2. Keep words on slides to a minimum.
3. Keep fun activities on a tight schedule (well done first group).
4. Starting tomorrow I'll hold "5 minutes", "3 minutes", and "Wrap Up" signs to let you know how much time you have.
5. Review the DOs and DON'Ts of PPT Presentations that can be found on your chapter page :)
6. Get creative!
GREAT JOB FIRST GROUPS!!! REMEMBER: YOU'RE GRADED INDIVIDUALLY BUT YOUR GROUP DOES INFLUENCE HOW YOU PRESENT. HAVE LOTS OF GUSTO!
Here, you will find announcements, clarifications, comments and concerns. I frequently post articles about artists, new art blogs, documentaries, and artists that I love! Check regularly as not to be left behind!